- Tyler Ross, Gerald Gregory, Alex Kellner, and I playing original instrumental
music that falls somewhere outside the commonly known genres. A little funk, a little
jazz, a lot of groove... some textures. The Info Page!
- Ron Wiltrout Jazz Quartet
- A quartet with Robert Lewis, Gerald Gregory, Jeremy Wolf (or Ben Wells)
playing original 'jazz' music and a few arrangements of pop tunes that I think are fun.
- Lindsay Holler, George Baerreis, Sam Sfirri, and I playing ballsy rock music.
- Robert Lewis, Gerald Gregory and I doing some originals and freeing up
standards. CD available through me or at CDbaby.com.
- Nathan Koci, Bill Carson, and I doing mostly original instrumental material written
and arranged by/for the group. We cover a lot of musical ground. We have a CD.
- Charleston Latin Jazz Project
- It's a Latin Jazz group. High energy, aggresive, rhythmic. All that. with David
Heywood, Charlton Singelton, John Cobb, Gerald Gregory, Jake Holwegner,
and Gino Castillo.
- Trad Cuban Songs and other oddities played by white dudes with a bent for making
a tune our own. Bill Carson, Jonathon Gray, Nathan Koci, Jack Burg.
- New music, dig? 20th and 21st Century music performed in the city of Charleston by
it's own young composers and musicians. Check out the website.
- A trio delving into Eastern European folk, Radical Jewish Culture, and Post-Modern
jazz and Pop... but all through our favorite NYC musicians and composers. Kevin
Hamilton, Nathan Koci.
- Also expandable into a quintet with the help of David Linaburg and Michael Hanf
- Longstanding, seldom performing jazz trio playing standards and not-so-standards.
with Rich White, and Jake Holwegner.
- A quintet of wonderful musicians brought together to play the new music and songs
of Ted Hearne. Nathan Koci, Taylor Levine, Leah Coloff, Timo Andres, myself, and
Ted Hearne perform. Bill Carson has sung with the group, too. Demos on Ted
- Ted Hearne's Epic Cantata encapsulating the interactions and responses to the
Hurricane that almost destroyed New Orleans.
not defunct, but suspiciously lacking in recent performances:
(update February 2013: who am I kidding? these groups are now defunct...
but they were pretty badass...as are the descriptions from years ago)
- Comprised of five forward-looking young musicians looking to play new and original
music in and out of the jazz idiom. Nathan Koci, Evan LaFlamme, Philip White, and
Kevin Hamilton play in and contribute to this group.
- experimental music drawing on diverse influences. originals and covers of 90's rock
tunes done in a way that exposes creativity to those who may not normally want to
hear it. Kevin Hamilton and Lee Barbour (website)
- Lee Barbour and myself in a duo format experimenting with electronics,
improvisation, loose song formats, drum'n'bass, and pretty much anything else we
care to create.
- An experimental music ensemble exploring texture and improvised forms as well as
structured soundscapes. There are computers, there are delay pedals, there is a
slide whistle and some goat hooves. Philip White, Nathan Koci.
- Lee Barbour, Jeremy Wolf, Nathan Koci, and I doing modern jazz a favor and
rocking out. We don't play often, but when we do it's always different, and we like to
see people scratching their bobbing heads.