|1. late nights doing good things
2. glowing screens attached to grey boxes
3. the aching desire to spend money and therefore be
a contributing member of society
5. somewhere there's a place for us
6. symbols not words
7. action not words
8. what, do you think you're better than me?!
9. Craig's List, Dean's List, Franz Lizst (a meta-list)
10. fuzzy-faced feelings in the morning
11. freedom of expression (are you really reading this?)
11. I like rulers and tape-measures (did you notice?)
12. of course you did
|1. today I realized I have lost my faux-leather bound copy of the complete
HitchHikers Guide To The Galaxy.
2. a notable midnight snack: Meunster and Snyder's of Hanover
3. Long lost favorite pasttime: driving around quasi-aimlessly at night listening
4. seven different shaker sounds all in one little bag: egg, egg wrapped with tape,
plum, brazilian bean, hyde maraca, cheap wood maraca, cabasa... ever
seen Seven Samurai? How about Magnificent Seven? Withnail & I?
5. a hollow, sealable, curvilinear beater holder is what I need
6. a friend recently helped me realize that I have moved on from one-liners as my
preferred humor vehicle. though they take a certain amount of patience (a
considerable amount more than one-liners) two-liners are now how I plan to
make the world love me.
7. xkcd.com has united math and science with humor in a simple way that makes
me a proud reader of Godel, Escher, Bach.
8. loneliness is not a phase
9. using song lyrics to express emotion... so high school.
10. like Ma Bell, I got the Ill Communication
11. A new quartet: two drumsets, two keyboards. But what name?
|1. Reads The News - Nick Jenkins, Bill Carson, Sam Sfirri, and I. Nick says this band
instrumentally, by the others.
2. The Porktoberfest Band - Bill Carson, Gerald Gregory, Ben Wells, and I. This band
has only played one gig, but that gig had everything from free-improvised noise (with
and without funky beats), debuts of original music, AND a cover of All The Single Ladies.
3. Robert Lewis, Gerald Gregory, and Ron Wiltrout. This is a band that actually
plays a gig every Saturday at Mercato. Some originals and some jazz.
4. Lee Barbour and Ron Wiltrout (name?). This duo used to be called The Easy Way
To Quit Smoking, but that was a long time ago, so I'm saying this is a newly created
(and superior) band.
5. 23 Eyeballs, 1 Asshole. Bill Carson and Myself. Named after an artwork by Aldwyth
(for a DVD about whom Bill enlisted me to help record some soundtrack music)